Hyderabad, Sep 8 (IANS) Telangana's Covid-19 tally crossed 1.45 lakh on Tuesday as 2,392 more people tested positive and the toll breached the 900 mark with 11 fresh fatalities during the last 24 hours.
Health officials said with the new Covid cases, the tally has gone up to 1,45,163 while the toll mounted to 906.
The fatality rate in the state however, remained at 0.62 per cent against the national average of 1.69 per cent. Of the fatalities, 53.87 per cent had comorbidities.
The cases which had dropped to 1,802 on Monday due to fewer tests, surged again as the authorities ramped up testing.
According to a media release from the office of the Director of Public Health and Family Welfare, with 60,923 tests during the last 24 hours, the number of tests conducted till now rose to 18,27,905.
The samples tested per million population mounted to 49,234. Officials say this is much higher than the daily testing target of 5,600 as per the World Health Organisation (WHO) benchmark of 140 per million per day.
Of the 60,923 samples tested, 27,415 were primary and 8,529 were secondary. The results of 1,606 samples were awaited.
As many as 17 government and 38 private laboratories were conducting these tests while the state has 1,076 rapid-antigen test centres.
According to officials, of 1,45,163 cases, 1,00,162 (nearly 69 per cent) were asymptomatic and 45,001 (nearly 31 per cent) symptomatic.
The number of active cases in the state stands at 31,670, including 24,579 in home/institutional isolation.
As many as 2,346 people recovered from Covid-19 taking the cumulative number of recoveries to 1,12,587. The state's recovery rate improved further to 77.5 per cent while the national average was 77.54 per cent.
Of the new cases registered during the last 24 hours, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) accounted for 305.
The state capital's neighbouring districts Rangareddy and Medchal Malkajgiri reported 191 and 132 cases, respectively. Sangareddy, another district bordering the state capital, recorded 37 cases.
Outside Hyderabad and surrounding districts, Karimnagar recorded the highest single-day jump of 157. Khammam saw 116 cases, Nalgonda 105, Nizamabad 102 and Suryapet 101.
Age-wise Covid positive details show that 65.3 per cent of those who tested positive were in the age group of 21 to 50 years. Officials said 24.71 per cent were above 51 years. Nearly 10 per cent were below 20 years.
Of 64.41 per cent of those testing positive were male while the remaining 35.59 per cent were female, the officials added.
According to the media release, of 20,396 beds with the government, 17,734 beds were vacant, including 1,600 ICU beds.
As many as 196 private hospitals treating Covid patients have 10,312 beds, of which 5,883 were vacant.